7. Bejgli (poppy seed roll)

commonly eaten at Christmas and Easter time

AlfatogodeBere:

No, it is by far far from Latin. I used to have a Hungarian friend and he told me about the seventeen cases that they use. It is a nightmare! I found it is something that only happens in other some low quantity spoken Caucasic languages.

Ok. The source of my info was Britannica encyclopedia, i believe most of the stuff written there could be considered as authentic n standard. 

It says Hungarian  became attached to Latin.

I will copy n paste the exact wordings, 

( Hungarians, who know their country as Magyarország, “Land of Magyars,” are unique among the nations of Europe in that they speak a language that is not related to any other major European language. Linguistically surrounded by alien nations, Hungarians felt isolated through much of their history. This may be the reason why after Christianization they became attached to Latin, which became the language of culture, scholarship, and state administration—and even the language of the Hungarian nobility until 1844.)

Sharing this, as the sole intention is my nature to go deep in any matter to strive the knowledge and seek the truth, 

And nothing else.

Hence I am open for any addition to this if u have any.

First than anything, I apologize if you feel me rude. I am far from that and I sincerely want just to state some facts. Science is unemotional and I was just stating what I know. Being attached to something is not being related to something. Hungarians used late Latin because they arrived to be in contact with it around 900 AD and in Carparthian region Latin has also become Romanian, so they used something closer to Romanian than to Latin. All Latin dialects became languages for some of us, the Romance ones. I am a born speaker of Spanish and I can speak well French and Italian and some Catalan and Portuguese, all of them Romance languages, and I can tell you that Hungarian is miles away from Romanian for example. I can understand things in Romanian but it is impossible for me to understand anything in Hungarian. The attached term they mention in Britanica must be like Chinese usage for Koreans that was a sign of being a member of an upper class, so Koreans were attached to Chinese but that does not mean Korean language is related to Chinese language. I hope it is understandable my point. I respect you and I respect Britannica but I have been analysing and learning languages for many years and I want just to get this issue clear.

Great insight.

Much appreciated. 

Did not know much of it that u have mentioned. 

But then what they meant by this when they said,

Latin, which became the language of culture, scholarship, and state administration—and even the language of the Hungarian nobility until 1844.

Again, your effort is much appreciated. Thx for the time you have taken to answer my query. 

aenoee, I think they meant that Latin was used as an official language and common people used Hungarian. It was the similar case in other countries as well.

8. Polish-Hungarian friendship
There is a proverbial saying about the traditional brotherhood and camaraderie between Poles and Hungarians (from what I know, it's quite unique for a friendship between two nations):
Lengyel, magyar – két jó barát, Együtt harcol s issza borát, Vitéz s bátor mindkettője, Áldás szálljon mindkettőre. (Hungarian)
Polak, Węgier — dwa bratanki, i do szabli, i do szklanki, oba zuchy, oba żwawi, niech im Pan Bóg błogosławi. (Polish)
The Hungarian saying has more variations. This saying is inscribed on steps of Polish Hungarian friendship monument in Eger (Hungary).

On 23rd March both nations celebrate Polish Hungarian Friendship Day.

9. The Ballpoint Pen

Invented by László József Bíró, a Jewish-Hungarian man who fled to Argentina to escape the Nazis, filed the patent for the ballpoint pen we know today in 1938.

ZhouYanRan:

aenoee, I think they meant that Latin was used as an official language and common people used Hungarian. It was the similar case in other countries as well.

Ic. 

10. Hungarian Rhapsodies - 19 Musical pieces for piano composed by Franz Liszt.
He brought the traditional music from his youth years into classical music and they became universally known.

ZhouYanRan:

I agree with you. Thank you.

angeliviki2022:

1. Mount Everest

Daebak!

2. National Flag of Nepal

Nepal is the ONLY country in the world that does not have a rectangular national flag. The national flag of Nepal is made up of two triangular pennant flags.

3. Kathmandu

The capital and most populous city of Nepal