Have you ever bought or worn things you've seen in dramas?

for example the long coats that they often use in kdramas

or shirts half of one color and half of another longitudinally (kdramas but also cdramas)

or waterproof with various types of inserts that I see in cdramas.

I often see things that are trendy even here where I live, but I don't know exactly if they come from Asian countries because of the dramas or if they are international fashions which then enter the dramas

for example the trousers cut to the knees

what do you think?

Maybe my english does not allow me to make you understand what I mean

I put some images, they are just examples

The cut trousers are used very much where i live, the rest not so much

Yesss I did actually gather inspiration from the tv shows I watch. But my fav thing is this bag,  I wear it all the time :) 

and this is my personal photo: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTxJ3ErstoW/

Marija Dolly Milosevic:
But my fav thing is this bag,  I wear it all the time :) 

I don't know how much it costs, but I think it's comfortable like space and matching with clothes. These are ideas from a man who doesn't understand so much about certain things :D

Widening the speech I smile when I see people in dramas who live in a basement, who fight every day with cents, and then they always change clothes and accessories and not things that seem cheap.

Obviously this is part of the show, but I find it more realistic when in kdrama boys and girls go to the combi with the tracksuit and plastic slippers

Lugh:

I don't know how much it costs, but I think it's comfortable like space and matching with clothes. These are ideas from a man who doesn't understand so much about certain things :D

Widening the speech I smile when I see people in dramas who live in a basement, who fight every day with cents, and then they always change clothes and accessories and not things that seem cheap.

Obviously this is part of the show, but I find it more realistic when in kdrama boys and girls go to the combi with the tracksuit and plastic slippers

I agree with your statement, I think costumography should try to follow the story, at least a bit. it should keep the realism as much as possible. 

As for my fav bag, it was a steal on aliexpress that I waited for a month or so to arrive. I cannot wait for the nicer weather to wear it all the time, That way I am holding my favorite show beside me all the time. Might sound mad, but it is comforting :)

Marija Dolly Milosevic:
As for my fav bag, it was a steal on aliexpress that I waited for a month or so to arrive. I cannot wait for the nicer weather to wear it all the time, That way I am holding my favorite show beside me all the time. Might sound mad, but it is comforting :)

No, I understand you very well, I would call it aware consumerism.

it may seem like a paradox or better an oxymoron, but I think if it really satisfies your desire and / or need this sense of satisfaction has a duration very long  unlike simple consumerism, when after 10 minutes you are already fed up with what you bought.

Ok, it seems that you are the only one who has bought / worn things seen in the dramas....  I do not believe it although I must admit that I don't think I ever did, not particular things at least.

Hi Lugh,

I am interested in some of the styles, some of them are not too my taste. It is hard to find clothes/accessories that will fit me (I am neither a tiny South Korean female nor a tall large guy) and look good on me. I will start saving for the day that I can perhaps fit some of it.

I did find: https://www.fashionchingu.com/

If it is the exact same items then nope. 

But I am a fan of Asian fashion (being Asian myself), I find it more appealing than Western fashion. For example Asians seem to be a fan of oversized shirts, more girly clothing, or wide legged pants while Westerners may prefer skinny jeans, jogger/sweatpants and tank tops (more revealing) 

Some might find the sizing is small but I think it is OK for me as 5'3 - 120 lbs. I keep window shopping on YT about Gotomall videos *sigh* stuff there looks prettier/cheaper than here where I live ugh.. 

I personally love Asian sense of fashion. Being a fashion designer myself,  even though I am not doing it for a living, I find eternal inspiration in other cultures and nationalities. I am especially fond of Thai and Korean sense of modern street style. Since I have never visited either of these countries, I am limited to media. 

We're getting to the core of the thread, the ones I've done above are just examples.

I wanted to understand if and how much fashion of drama may become common in the non-Asian world.

Of course, the fashion of drama is Asian fashion, but people who like me or Marija haven't been to Asian countries we refer on drama or online media.

Sunset:
For example Asians seem to be a fan of oversized shirts, more girly clothing, or wide legged pants while Westerners may prefer skinny jeans, jogger/sweatpants and tank tops (more revealing) 

in some ways it reminds me of the western fashion of the 80s / 90s but different in some things

newbiefan:
I will start saving for the day that I can perhaps fit some of it.

In my opinion if it catches on, if it becomes fashionable also in our countries, the manufacturers will adjust the sizes

I would never buy, at least not for me, but all gadgets with ears are too nice.

There was a period where here where I live I saw ears on helmet for motorcycles

Not much, but I was so frustrated to see so many lunch scenes.
So one day, I bought on an online store the typical drama lunch :

Kimchi, Soju, Ramyun (very spicy ones).

Then I watched a drama while eating and drinking that. :-)

Also, I like to have a glass of whisky when a character have one. My favorite drama is W so here it's a real problem because the manhwa author spend his life to drink, he's a real alcoolic!!! ^^

Another weird thing I was also to change my phone rings with a funny phone rings I heard in a drama.
But no cloths or expensives things.

W two worlds Season 2:
Kimchi, Soju

I've never eaten and drank them. I'm curious too.

Kimchi,  could it vaguely resemble, like taste to "pickled vegetables", I mean with vinegar?

Lugh:

I've never eaten and drank them. I'm curious too.

Kimchi,  could it vaguely resemble, like taste to "pickled vegetables", I mean with vinegar?

No, Kimchi is different. It's spicy and very salty (a bit too much for my taste). There is no vinegar.

I always wear bobby pins in my hair because I am inspired by Seodan.

ladykuro18:

I always wear bobby pins in my hair because I am inspired by Seodan.

That is actually very very sweet!