Had a change of mood and put the books from April on hold, my plan to read for May-June is "Tian Ya Ke" (Novel Word of Honor is based on). 

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/faraway-wanderers/

moonchild:

Had a change of mood and put the books from April on hold, my plan to read for May-June is "Tian Ya Ke" (Novel Word of Honor is based on). 

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/faraway-wanderers/

yes, yes and yes! finished it weeks ago. it's better than the series, some stuff makes more sense in the novel. though the visualisation of the drama was quite nice... :D~

Skyesinger:

yes, yes and yes! finished it weeks ago. it's better than the series, some stuff makes more sense in the novel. though the visualisation of the drama was quite nice... :D~

There are always things that get lost in the adaption of a BL novel into a bromance drama so I usually watch the drama first and then read the novel to it. It seems to be very well written, because while I was browsing through the chapters I caught myself to read a couple pages and found it hard to stop. xD 

Had a change of mood also and putting jane eyre on hold to make way for Scum Villain's Self Saving System by mxtx ... I didn't know why i put off reading this book for so long when i enjoyed CQL and TGCF, and this novel is probably the funniest of the bunch. The protagonist inner monologue is to die for, i lol'ed many times at his hilarious and wild thoughts.

I need to force myself to stop reading cause real life responsibilities etc etc, but all in all it's a fun read and so far i really enjoyed it.  I've started reading since last week, and is on chapter 56 now.

oche:

Had a change of mood also and putting jane eyre on hold to make way for Scum Villain's Self Saving System by mxtx ... I didn't know why i put off reading this book for so long when i enjoyed CQL and TGCF, and this novel is probably the funniest of the bunch. The protagonist inner monologue is to die for, i lol'ed many times at his hilarious and wild thoughts.

I need to force myself to stop reading cause real life responsibilities etc etc, but all in all it's a fun read and so far i really enjoyed it.  I've started reading since last week, and is on chapter 56 now.

SVSS is indeed funny, although the last part is quite... dubious. 

Have you seen the donghua (anime)? It's available on WeTV (title is Scumbag System).

Vya van Velaris:

SVSS is indeed funny, although the last part is quite... dubious. 

Have you seen the donghua (anime)? It's available on WeTV (title is Scumbag System).

@oche If you want to read another fun story, try "How to Survive as a Villain". But I guess I sent you the link to that in my recommendations mail. XD

Unfortunately, that one "dubious" scene at the end of SVSS is used more often in novelland than one might think. Sometimes that's the way how the bottom starts liking the top... weird. 

The donghua has only one season so far and stops at the... uhm... congregation? convention? before the cliff scene. No idea when the next season will be aired. Until then, you can watch Mo Dao Zu Shi or Thousand Autumns donghua. ;)  (though reading the actual novels is still the best)

Skyesinger:
Unfortunately, that one "dubious" scene at the end of SVSS is used more often in novelland than one might think. Sometimes that's the way how the bottom starts liking the top... weird. 

Yeah, that really should stop. Even the term "top" and "bottom" doesn't sit well with me. I'm not from LGBTQ+ community myself, so I have no real say in this, but I always find those terms a bit offensive and limiting.

Skyesinger:
The donghua has only one season so far and stops at the... uhm... congregation? convention? before the cliff scene. No idea when the next season will be aired. Until then, you can watch Mo Dao Zu Shi or Thousand Autumns donghua. ;)  (though reading the actual novels is still the best)

I really enjoyed Thousand Autumns donghua, but dropped the novel at chapter 8 or something. Now I'm watching Legend of Exorcism S2 (based on the novel Tianbao Fuyao Lu).

Vya van Velaris:

Yeah, that really should stop. Even the term "top" and "bottom" doesn't sit well with me. I'm not from LGBTQ+ community myself, so I have no real say in this, but I always find those terms a bit offensive and limiting.

I really enjoyed Thousand Autumns donghua, but dropped the novel at chapter 8 or something. Now I'm watching Legend of Exorcism S2 (based on the novel Tianbao Fuyao Lu).

I'm queer and I can tell you some lgbt people actually do use those terms , though obviously not all and it's different for every culture and every person , it only gets weird when you start applying them to non consenting real people 

I am going to try to finish this book for May and June.  It is the novel for Secrets of the Three Kingdoms.   While I'm reading this I am waiting for the novel for A Journey to Meet Love.  It is supposed to arrive at the end of May.  I may end up reading that book first instead.

Maystols:

at chapter 50 of 2ha , still got a long way to go , my goal is just to catch up with the english translation for now .

Also , I don't know if visual novels count but I finished ciconia no naku koro ni , which was around 30 hours and I consider that an achievement 

still trying to catch up with it lol not much progress I'm at chapter 53 now , don't think I'll finish it this month or the next since I have exams , we'll see

Maystols:

I'm queer and I can tell you some lgbt people actually do use those terms , though obviously not all and it's different for every culture and every person , it only gets weird when you start applying them to non consenting real people 

Ah, thanks for clarifying. It's good to know that it's not a term that only danmei writers/readers use, so I think I need to make my peace with it.

And good luck with your exams! 

I decided to read this one first.  My Mowgli Boy.   Already on Chapter 6.  There are far less names to remember in this one than in Secrets of the Three Kingdoms.  So, it is easier to keep track of the characters and what is happening.

Hi there, ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Just updating I've read about 100 pages this month, so no book completed in May for me, in April I completed 3 dramas, this month only 3 dramas too, there is still one more week of  the month left, who knows if more happens!

50 pages was from this book(the other 50 from The Art of Temptation):

Hig somehow survived the flu pandemic that killed everyone he knows. Now his wife is gone, his friends are dead, and he lives in the hangar of a small abandoned airport with his dog, Jasper, and a mercurial, gun-toting misanthrope named Bangley.

But when a random transmission beams through the radio of his 1956 Cessna, the voice ignites a hope deep inside him that a better life exists outside their tightly controlled perimeter. Risking everything, he flies past his point of no return and follows its static-broken trail, only to find something that is both better and worse than anything he could ever hope for.

Hi guys! While I was able to complete my reads for Asian Readathon, I haven’t read anything since because I am so busy wit irl.

jindreame:

I decided to read this one first.  My Mowgli Boy.   Already on Chapter 6.  There are far less names to remember in this one than in Secrets of the Three Kingdoms.  So, it is easier to keep track of the characters and what is happening.

That's the book the 2019 drama is based on?

And is Secrets of the Three Kingdoms a sequel to Romance of the Three Kingdoms?