As the title says. At our perfil there is a statistic graphic of the days we spent watching dramas, but the hours we "waste" watching the same drama more than once do not count on it. I mean, why? I don't think it's right.

^^

I feel like it would be quite difficult to make the "hours watched" calculation really accurate. (edit: I was totally wrong! Thanks for clarifying Skye-N-Rain.) Right now it assumes that every episode is 1 hour when in reality there are dramas like 7 First Kisses with 10 minute episodes and other dramas with episodes that are 80+ minutes, so it's definitely not super accurate even if you never rewatch or skip. 

Also, I personally tend to skip a lot when I watch longer dramas. On the other hand, I've rewatched several dramas multiple times. But I didn't watch every second of them when I rewatched. (edit: I also don't count partial episodes watched when I drop a drama midway.) In the end maybe it roughly evens out. Even if it doesn't, I think it's okay to just have the "hours watched" stat be a rough estimate.

AH :

I feel like it would be quite difficult to make the "hours watched" calculation really accurate. Right now it assumes that every episode is 1 hour when in reality there are dramas like 7 First Kisses with 10 minute episodes and other dramas with episodes that are 80+ minutes, so it's definitely not super accurate even if you never rewatch or skip. 

Also, I personally tend to skip a lot when I watch longer dramas. On the other hand, I've rewatched several dramas multiple times. But I didn't watch every second of them when I rewatched. In the end maybe it roughly evens out. Even if it doesn't, I think it's okay to just have the "hours watched" stat be a rough estimate.

It doesn't assume that. It's using the minutes per episode. If it says 10 minutes per episode, then it's counted as 10 minutes per episode.

Skye-N-Rain:

It doesn't assume that. It's using the minutes per episode. If it says 10 minutes per episode, then it's counted as 10 minutes per episode.

Huh. Just tested it and you're right. Don't know why I was under the impression that all episodes were counted as if they were an hour long. Ignore that part of my comment! I'll add a note to it too. 

Revisiting this question thread to once again wonder about this. 

It's great to have a rough estimate of the time spent watching dramas but wouldn't it, once again, be more accurate to include re-watched episodes too? 

There's a function in the advanced editing of a show on your watch list where you can add the amount of times you have re-watched  a drama so since there's already a function like that, why not link it to the function on our profile that allows us to have an estimate of the time spent? 

Similar to the way it adds the normal episode time, wouldn't it be possible to add a feature like that?

I feel like it would seriously improve the experience since a ton of mdl users constantly re-watch their favorite shows.

mkfusensation:

Revisiting this question thread to once again wonder about this. 

It's great to have a rough estimate of the time spent watching dramas but wouldn't it, once again, be more accurate to include re-watched episodes too? 

There's a function in the advanced editing of a show on your watch list where you can add the amount of times you have re-watched  a drama so since there's already a function like that, why not link it to the function on our profile that allows us to have an estimate of the time spent? 

Similar to the way it adds the normal episode time, wouldn't it be possible to add a feature like that?

I feel like it would seriously improve the experience since a ton of mdl users constantly re-watch their favorite shows.

I totally agree with you. 

Upping this. Surprised this is the only post I could find about it because it's kinda a big deal. I hope it will get implemented eventually

Up. Maybe one day we will get his feature  (  ㅠ ㅠ  )

whateverlili_:

As the title says. At our perfil there is a statistic graphic of the days we spent watching dramas, but the hours we "waste" watching the same drama more than once do not count on it. I mean, why? I don't think it's right.

^^

That's because there is no entry feature for rewatch. When the rewatch entry feature is implemented then maybe rewatch hours count will come. This is my guess, the developers will be able to explain it better.

rewatch tab for mywatchlist 

Rewatching included in the stats 

[Suggestion] Rewatches should be counted! 

Add re-watching status/tag to your list 

Time doesn't matter to me because I don't keep track of time. But I would definitely like to have an entry for Rewatch.