If you could recommend someone one cdrama to get them into chinese dramas, which one would it be?

(it's lowkey for my benefit, i didn't watch a lot of cdramas, but every ones i've watch were interesting, i just need recommendations, since i don't know much about them)

Tastes can vary too much, so it depends on the preferences of the person... What's your or the persons preferred genre or setting?

The top 100 c-dramas here on mdl are a good place to start, if you have no preferences at all.

kpun:
What's your or the persons preferred genre or setting?

I'd say i'm a fan of :

• historical romance, 
  • crossdressing romance (female to male), loved "Arsenal Military Academy" sm
  • survival/apocalyptic
  • psychological or dramas that makes you sit down and reflect
  • really any drama with well written characters and good plot (i'm a sucker for plot twists)

kpun:
The top 100 c-dramas here on mdl are a good place to start, if you have no preferences at all.

Okay tysm! I was just not sure where to start, there're so many, so I asked if u wanted someone to get into cdramas what will u recommend them in general, i had no genre in mind

for historical romance, I can recommend A Dream of Splendor 

and for something, that has well written characters, good plot and can make you think Nirvana in Fire 

and for something dark and maybe also psychological Ripe Town might be to your liking

The Blood of Youth also has a good plot, interesting characters and an anime vibe, since its an adaptation

I don't watch dramas that focus on romance and modern dramas, so I can only list costume dramas :) Surely others will have some interesting suggestions in those departments...

kpun:
I don't watch dramas that focus on romance and modern dramas, so I can only list costume dramas :) Surely others will have some interesting suggestions in those departments...

Ok! Thank you so much again, you're leading the way for me there lol, thank  uu :))

My first cdrama was Ever Night. I loved it but I was also very confused, lol.

Based upon what you listed for genres I'd go with Fall in Love and City of Streamer for historicals with the same time period/aesthetics of Arsenal Military Academy, The Untamed and Love and Redemption for historical/fantasy, Go Ahead and A River Runs Through It for something modern, and Under the Skin and Reset for psychological . Also Bromance is Taiwanese and a great cross-dressing classic with sizzling chemistry. And Bloody Romance for a personal rec (it's my favorite).

emeraldarrows:
Based upon what you listed for genres I'd go with

Thank you so much for all these specific recommendations omg!!

Helo_Mek_in_Vegas:
Nirvana In Fire

Thank youu!

emeraldarrows:
Under the Skin and Reset for psychological .

So much yes!!!