With only 2 months left of the year, which dramas are your favorite this year, so far?

For me I have to split it into kdrama and cdrama categories.

Kdrama:

1. Moving 
  2. My Dearest   
  3. Twinkling Watermelon 
  4. King the Land   

Cdrama:

1. My Journey to You   
  2. Hidden Love    
  3. I Am Nobody   
  4. Till the End of the Moon   
  5. The Longest Promise    
  6. The Love You Give Me   

I've only completed seven Dramas released in 2023, might get one more in before the end of the year. Of the 7, here are the 4 that I have scored at least 8/10

Hmm..

1. Till the end of the moon

2. Taxi driver season2

3. My journey to you

4. Hidden love, When I fly towards you

5. Romance on the farm -ongoing

6. Legend of Anle

7. The love you give me

K-dramas have been disappointing lately -since last year I guess. Waiting for Only for love to air and save this year further

This year has been really lousy in terms of producing quality and memorable kdramas. I am unable to name a single kdrama that has left a seed of nostalgia in me this year.

143TWICE:
K-dramas have been disappointing lately -since last year I guess

agree

Not only Koreans but also other countries. Every country has its own flavor which is getting lost and the reason for this is the streaming media companies who are using them as per their taste..

Rapunzel:

This year has been really lousy in terms of producing quality and memorable kdramas. I am unable to name a single kdrama that has left a seed of nostalgia in me this year.

I thought I was the only one who missed kdrama magic but everyone is here.

Yes, there have not been many great kdramas this year. I did list 4 of them, but I think only 2 really stand out this year and those are Moving and My Dearest. However Moving is a very untypical kdrama, much like Squid Game was, a superhero drama of sorts. My Dearest is more typical sageuk kdrama and is quite excellent. Those two really stand out IMO this  year, the rest is in a class below. (of what I have watched!)

Compare the kdramas of last year, 2022, and you have Alchemy of Souls, Extraordinary Attorney Woo, Reborn Rich, The Glory, Under the Queen's Umbrella. Many more kdramas in 2022 that stand out.

However I think I've enjoyed the cdramas much more this year than the kdramas. My Journey to You is simply awesome, and Hidden Love is the perfect cdrama in that kind of genre. I Am Nobody is the most unusual cdrama I have ever watched and is a total unique gem.
The only flaw with cdramas is that they can sometimes be overly long, but my favorite cdramas this year have relatively few episodes, 24 to 26.

I actually wanted to mention one drama:

Duty After School: Part 1    

The first part was excellent, but Part 2 was simply awful. I think that's why nobody mentions this drama, but part 1 was pretty good, alien invasion meets battle royale almost.