New to this game...so not completely sure how this works. How do I know this country is not already chosen? Also, when I choose a new country do I...notify the OP or something?

Eris Black:

New to this game...so not completely sure how this works. How do I know this country is not already chosen? Also, when I choose a new country do I...notify the OP or something?

The first page has the list of countries. If there are page numbers next to the name, it's been chosen previously.

angeliviki2022:

The first page has the list of countries. If there are page numbers next to the name, it's been chosen previously.

Ohh ok thnx!

Eris Black:

Welcome. Always happy to see new user join the game. Haha.. N hope you can linger... 

angeliviki2022:

Chane need to update it again... And no, bermuda not chosen yet as far as i remember & my note. But correct me if i'm wrong, cause i've been wrong with kenya once... 

Before i answer can anyone else confirm with bermuda as our new country? 

yes ,bermuda country is not complete .we can choose this country

Well no one can discuss bermuda without bring Bermuda Triangle. Haha... 

1. Bermuda Triangle

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is an urban legend focused on a loosely defined region in the western part of the North Atlantic Ocean where a number of aircraft and ships are said to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances. The idea of the area as uniquely prone to disappearances arose in the mid-20th century, but most reputable sources dismiss the idea that there is any mystery.

The Gaddis Argosy article delineated the boundaries of the triangle, giving its vertices as Miami; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Bermuda. Subsequent writers did not necessarily follow this definition. Some writers gave different boundaries and vertices to the triangle, with the total area varying from 1,300,000 to 3,900,000 km2 (500,000 to 1,510,000 sq mi). "Indeed, some writers even stretch it as far as the Irish coast." Consequently, the determination of which accidents occurred inside the triangle depends on which writer reported them.

Paranormal explanations

Triangle writers have used a number of supernatural concepts to explain the events. One explanation pins the blame on leftover technology from the mythical lost continent of Atlantis. Sometimes connected to the Atlantis story is the submerged rock formation known as the Bimini Road off the island of Bimini in the Bahamas, which is in the Triangle by some definitions. Followers of the purported psychic Edgar Cayce take his prediction that evidence of Atlantis would be found in 1968, as referring to the discovery of the Bimini Road. Believers describe the formation as a road, wall, or other structure, but the Bimini Road is of natural origin.

Some hypothesize that a parallel universe exists in the Bermuda Triangle region, causing a time/space warp that sucks the objects around it into a parallel universe. Others attribute the events to UFOs. Charles Berlitz, author of various books on anomalous phenomena, lists several theories attributing the losses in the Triangle to anomalous or unexplained forces.

Natural explanations

Compass variations

Compass problems are one of the cited phrases in many Triangle incidents. While some have theorized that unusual local magnetic anomalies may exist in the area, such anomalies have not been found. Compasses have natural magnetic variations in relation to the magnetic poles, a fact which navigators have known for centuries. Magnetic (compass) north and geographic (true) north are exactly the same only for a small number of places – for example, as of 2000, in the United States, only those places on a line running from Wisconsin to the Gulf of Mexico. But the public may not be as informed, and think there is something mysterious about a compass "changing" across an area as large as the Triangle, which it naturally will.

Gulf Stream

The Gulf Stream (Florida Current) is a major surface current, primarily driven by thermohaline circulation that originates in the Gulf of Mexico and then flows through the Straits of Florida into the North Atlantic. In essence, it is a river within an ocean, and, like a river, it can and does carry floating objects. It has a maximum surface velocity of about 2 m/s (6.6 ft/s). A small plane making a water landing or a boat having engine trouble can be carried away from its reported position by the current.

Human error

One of the most cited explanations in official inquiries as to the loss of any aircraft or vessel is human error. Human stubbornness may have caused businessman Harvey Conover to lose his sailing yacht, Revonoc, as he sailed into the teeth of a storm south of Florida on January 1, 1958.

Violent weather

Hurricanes are powerful storms that form in tropical waters and have historically cost thousands of lives and caused billions of dollars in damage. The sinking of Francisco de Bobadilla's Spanish fleet in 1502 was the first recorded instance of a destructive hurricane. These storms have in the past caused a number of incidents related to the Triangle. Many Atlantic hurricanes pass through the Triangle as they recurve off the Eastern Seaboard, and, before the advent of weather satellite, ships often had little to no warning of a hurricane's approach.

Methane hydrates

An explanation for some of the disappearances has focused on the presence of large fields of methane hydrates (a form of natural gas) on the continental shelves. Laboratory experiments carried out in Australia have proven that bubbles can, indeed, sink a scale model ship by decreasing the density of the water, and any wreckage would be deposited on the ocean floor or rapidly dispersed by the Gulf Stream. It has been hypothesized that periodic methane eruptions (sometimes called "mud volcanoes") may produce regions of frothy water that are no longer capable of providing adequate buoyancy for ships. If this were the case, such an area forming around a ship could cause it to sink very rapidly and without warning.

Publications by the USGS describe large stores of undersea hydrates worldwide, including the Blake Ridge area, off the coast of the southeastern United States. However, according to the USGS, no large releases of gas hydrates are believed to have occurred in the Bermuda Triangle for the past 15,000 years.

2. The best Xmas party in the world - Elbow Beach in Bermuda

About Christmas on Elbow Beach

Dreaming of a pink Christmas? Hundreds of locals, ex-pats and visitors gather at Elbow Beach in Paget's Parish every year on Christmas day to take in the sunrise, drink champagne and take a plunge in the Atlantic it may be December, but the water's just fine.

3. People

About three-fifths of the population is of full or mixed African ancestry, including immigrants from the West Indies or their descendants, Cape Verdeans, and descendants of slaves brought from other parts of the New World or Africa before Britain outlawed the slave trade in 1807. Whites (people of European ancestry) constitute another one-third of the population and include those of British and American descent as well as descendants of Portuguese labourers from Madeira and the Azores who have immigrated to Bermuda since the mid-19th century.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Bermuda

http://gcu114bermuda.weebly.com/culture-and-social-development.html

4. Crystal and Fantasy Caves 

The Crystal and Fantasy caves are found in the Hamilton Parish and can be seen together in one day. The Crystal Cave features dramatic formations of stalactites and stalagmites formed around the caves complex called Cahow Lake. The lakes are pristinely clear and allow visitors to look upon the cave floors. 

A pontoon bridge crosses over the lake allowing visitors to explore the nooks and crannies of this wondrous cave. The Fantasy Cave is located within the same complex and rivals Crystal Cave’s beauty with its ornate formations that look like chandeliers. Walls are covered with calcite mineral deposits which make them look like frozen waterfalls. Fantasy Cave has a steeper climb than Crystal Cave. For an interesting story, ask your guide how Crystal Cave was found…

5. The Island Shop
Pink traditional cottages, blue watery landscapes, green indigenous lizards: They've long been the muse of local artist Barbara Finsness, whose hand-painted, island-inspired sketches appear on just about everything sold at The Island Shop in Bermuda shopping hub Queen Street. You’ll find her designs on Italian ceramics, linen pillows, lucite trays, melamine kitchenware, and accessories galore, including aprons, bags, scarves, and silk ties. If you don’t feel like schlepping home a bunch of pottery on your return flight, pick up a print—the store sells several depicting the artist’s favorite island landscapes.

6. Bermuda petrel or Cahow

The Bermuda petrel (Pterodroma cahow) is a gadfly petrel. Commonly known in Bermuda as the cahow, a name derived from its eerie cries, this nocturnal ground-nesting seabird is the national bird of Bermuda and can be found pictured on Bermudian currency. The Bermuda petrel is the second rarest seabird on the planet. They have medium-sized body and long wings, a greyish-black crown and collar, dark grey upper-wings and tail, white upper-tail coverts and white under-wings edged with black, and the underparts are completely white.

For 300 years, it was thought to be extinct. The dramatic rediscovery in 1951 of eighteen nesting pairs made this a "Lazarus species", that is, a species found to be alive after having been considered extinct. This has inspired a book and two documentary films. A national programme to preserve the bird and restore the species has helped increase its numbers, but scientists are still working to enlarge its nesting habitat on the restored Nonsuch Island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_petrel 

8. Codfish and Potato Breakfast 

The typical Sunday breakfast in Bermuda is codfish and potatoes. Normally, it is accompanied by boiled eggs, avocado, and banana. Some people add either butter sauce or tomato, depending on preference.