Recently, a user keeps posting negative comments in reply to my comments on the page of my favorite drama. I don’t want to be disturbed by this user. Should I block this user? If I block this user, what will happen? 

If you block someone, you won't be able to see their comments and their profile page here in MDL--and vice versa. I think they can't send you a DM either.

kura2ninja:

If you block someone, you won't be able to see their comments and their profile page here in MDL--and vice versa. I think they can't send you a DM either. 

I think you can't see them on comment sections but can still see them on the forums. I was blocked before long time ago, but we could still exchange messages maybe because they sent me one already before I got blocked so I replied to it. I have never blocked anyone before anywhere else either (and I've been on the internet for 2 decades now) I'd hate to do that personally because I don't want to hold grudges on online people when I don't know them IRL and would only do that as a last resort if they really are attacking me. 

kura2ninja:

Thank you very much for your answer!!!

Sunset:

I think you can't see them on comment sections but can still see them on the forums. I was blocked before long time ago, but we could still exchange messages maybe because they sent me one already before I got blocked so I replied to it. I have never blocked anyone before anywhere else either (and I've been on the internet for 2 decades now) I'd hate to do that personally because I don't want to hold grudges on online people when I don't know them IRL and would only do that as a last resort if they really are attacking me. 

I don’t like blocking  anyone neither but the user keeps attacking me whenever I share good news about my favorite drama. Therefore I have to think about blocking that user in order to have a peace of mind. 

Michiru:

I don’t like blocking  anyone neither but the user keeps attacking me whenever I share good news about my favorite drama. Therefore I have to think about blocking that user in order to have a peace of mind. 

I understand your frustration. We can't get along with everyone we meet online or IRL but in your case it would be a good decision. There used to be some TKEM fanatics attacking other people back when that drama was airing, the comment section was pretty wild/active so it would've been good to block them. 

I am more of a lurker myself unless for a drama I actually like/am motivated to watch so I'm only following the discussion for an obscure 150 ep daily drama right now that less people actually watch on MDL.. (was originally 120 but got extended recently) 

Sunset:

I understand your frustration. We can't get along with everyone we meet online or IRL but in your case it would be a good decision. There used to be some TKEM fanatics attacking other people back when that drama was airing, the comment section was pretty wild/active so it would've been good to block them. 

I am more of a lurker myself unless for a drama I actually like/am motivated to watch so I'm only following the discussion for an obscure 150 ep daily drama right now that less people actually watch on MDL.. (was originally 120 but got extended recently) 

Thank you for your understanding and sharing information with me! When participating in online discussion, sometimes it's interesting to be able disscuss with people who have the same interest. However, it is also frustrated whenever being attacked unreasonably. So I think being a lurker is the best way to have a peace of mind. 

What a long drama that you are following now! You must be very patient and really like the drama to be able to watch it til the end. Hope you enjoy it!

@Michiru you're welcome. And thanks, I'd been following that drama since last August but I get addicted to makjangs so this is the main reason why I am motivated to watch such long dramas where every episode ends in a cliffhanger that makes me want to watch more of it. If it was a slice of life I would've walked away from it xD

I've been feeling on edge ever since reporting a few users (they were actually the ones I mentioned in my original post) but I felt reassured knowing I could discuss with others who knew about this situation (it's actually a long story). I wanted to take a break from MDL because of this whole reporting stuff but I still want to stick around for Second Husband comment section where it's reaching the climax and a few nice users who I kept messaging to about this.

@Sunset: It's my pleasure. From what you share, the drama that you are following seems interesting! Now I understand why you like it. If my favourite artists were in a long drama and the story is attractive, I do not mind to watch the drama as well :) 

It seems you really have lots of experience in online activities. Thank you for sharing your experience! I have just participating in online disscussion on MDL recently so there're many things new to me. Hoping there will not be much trouble. 

@Michiru I just saw those comments in Dream Garden now, after checking out your list. This reminds me of another user I kept seeing in Kingdom: Ashin of the North where they kept coming back to make hate comments, and I actually liked this special from the Kingdom series. Fortunately I didn't end up with any arguments myself even though I made 1 comment in that section. 

https://mydramalist.com/64841-kingdom-asin#comment-7179693 

https://mydramalist.com/64841-kingdom-asin#comment-6976897 

https://mydramalist.com/64841-kingdom-asin#comment-6784209

https://mydramalist.com/64841-kingdom-asin#comment-6784193

https://mydramalist.com/64841-kingdom-asin#comment-6786965

https://mydramalist.com/64841-kingdom-asin#comment-6826235

It is okay to write constructive criticism but with these types of people their opinion will not change no matter many times you try to convince them. So it is best to just ignore them and focus on the positive ones. 

@Sunset: Thank you very much for sharing the related information and giving your advice! I'm so surprised that there are similar types of people like this. The only difference is that one made their own negative comments, the other replied to good news about the dramas. The second type made me felt that they personally attacked me. You are right that it is better to ignore them! I was inexperienced in dealing with them. Once again, thank you sharing your experience with me! It is very helpful for me. 

I'm a blocker and I'm quite ok with it. Life's too short to deal with folks like the one you mentioned (and who I've seen in lots and lots of other drama threads.)

Popcxqueen:

I'm a blocker and I'm quite ok with it. Life's too short to deal with folks like the one you mentioned (and who I've seen in lots and lots of other drama threads.) 

You’re right and I agree with you. After blocking the user attacking me, I feel at ease now. 

Popcxqueen:

If it's a legit reason then I might agree. But there are a few who are childish and block people out of petty reasons (not even related to dramas either but abusing the button), this is about the user I mentioned in my original post - it's a long story dealing with the forums here that's been happening since around 2020.. if you want to know the details PM me 

They even made a new account after getting banned for a week and got a warning already (couldn't resist coming back to MDL), sent me a FR with a PM admitting they were that person (old username) and after confronting them about this they acted like the victim, blocked me before I got a chance to message them back. I wanted to talk some sense into them one last time but looks like they can't be reasoned with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://image.myanimelist.net/ui/fkLITaJTefafxFKPGRzngtbzTbebLn4cu3w1zFnM4hHyLeM_mrpcWfv3Lx8HgqBj9QZrPw4CaRuHHYxD_AgzQg

For some reason I could message them before last year but MDL must've fixed their glitch now. I suspected they had an alt account since last Dec whose page looked obvious it was them and also added me but I didn't add them back, after PMing them too recently they also blocked me which confirms my suspicion. I can't report about this anymore on the forums because the admin is annoyed at me for posting so much on a certain thread reporting this user since last Dec. I put up with them for a long time already, if I really wanted to I could've posted way more screenshots than that. They also had 2 alt accounts spamming the entire forums here before so that newer account is like a replacement for those 2.

There was also someone else who blocked me from The Untamed section - and I didn't even write any offensive/hate comments about that drama, I just posted there occasionally while watching it just to see what the hype was all about. Some fanatics are just crazy about defending their favourite dramas.. 

Michiru:

Recently, a user keeps posting negative comments in reply to my comments on the page of my favorite drama. I don’t want to be disturbed by this user. Should I block this user? If I block this user, what will happen? 

Wait, but how do you even block someone on here? I’ve tried but can’t find where to do it