1.  Did you know that Oman is one of the oldest human-inhabited places on Earth?

Humans have lived in this region for 106,000 years, and the ancient Omani city of Dereaze is at least 9,000 years old. Oman is also the oldest independent state in the Arab world.

Studies of  the genomics of the extinct hominids Neanderthals and Denisovans suggest that there was some mixing of genomes (1-3 per cent) with humans in Europe and Asia.

This interbreeding between two previously separated populations is called ‘admixture’ and results in a mixing of genes between the populations

You could see link of Oman , with human evolution.  

:-x

2. Shuwa

It consists of meat combined with coriander, cumin, chili peppers, and much more. The people usually make this on important occasions, such as Eid, weddings, and more.

3. Oman is a paradise for bird lovers

Oman is a birdwatcher's paradise, offering a diverse range of habitats and abundant birdlife

The Wetland Reserve in the Governorate of Al Wusta is ranked one of the top 25 sites of international importance for winter migratory birds in the Middle East, and falls in the migration route between Asia and East Africa.

@ minchen. 

Beautiful ….what a sight !!!

Birds have always fascinated me. 

4. Oman's top-selling beverage is Mountain Dew
the top-selling beverage in Oman is Mountain Dew!

In fact, you can't find Coca Cola in the country because Omanis have such an affinity for Pepsi's Mountain Dew. 

A great way to quench your thirst in the heat, the fizzy drink is often referred to as 'Omani Alcohol' because of its popularity.

@ Mountain Dew, 

Yeah was a bit sceptical while posting this, as this info is not in particular abt the country. 

Felt a bit relevant though, so posted. 

If u guys don’t find any relevance, pls ignore this number.

5.Smoking Shisha

Omanis love some shisha. It goes by many names, like hookah, narghile, goza, and even hubble bubble. It’s a local tradition that’s very much a part of the social scene here. It’s the smoking of often flavored tobacco, sometimes mixed with sugar or fruit, through a long pipe or hose. 

aenoee:

@ Mountain Dew, 

Yeah was a bit sceptical while posting this, as this info is not in particular abt the country. 

Felt a bit relevant though, so posted. 

If u guys don’t find any relevance, pls ignore this number.

You can post anything .I posted about redbull drink  in one country .

Haha….. actually I wanted to know why this specific drink only and why not other similar ones. I wud post, if I get some  insight.

Minchane:

5.Smoking Shisha

Omanis love some shisha. It goes by many names, like hookah, narghile, goza, and even hubble bubble. It’s a local tradition that’s very much a part of the social scene here. It’s the smoking of often flavored tobacco, sometimes mixed with sugar or fruit, through a long pipe or hose. 

Aha! I have seen this in many movies, that sultan is leisurely sitting in some tent and smoking out of this.

(btw, shisha literally means glass in Arabic )

The term "shisha" used in Europe goes back to the Persian word shishe , which means "glass". The Turkish word sise means "bottle", in certain Arabic dialects specifically refer to the bowl of shisha or the entire hookah.

aenoee:

Haha….. actually I wanted to know why this specific drink only and why not other similar ones. I wud post, if I get some  insight.

There is a joke going viral  why arab rejected coke .

Hahah.....yeah I do remember reading somewhere  this one had made quite a wave a while ago

6. Frankincense

These trees don’t grow in many places anymore in the world, and Oman is one of the few places where the tree grows naturally. This is why frankincense is an important part of the culture, and you will find it in most homes in Oman.

Frankincense is a hardened gum-like material (resin) that comes from the trunk of the Boswellia tree. People use its oil on the skin and in aromatherapy. Frankincense oil seems to kill some types of bacteria and fungi (yeasts). It is commonly used as a fragrance in soaps, lotions, and perfumes.

Fragrance!!!….hmmm….interesting.