7.Mutrah Souq

Mutrah Souq is known for its handicrafts like silverware, daggers, traditional cloth, new apparel, and shoes, in addition to the famous Omani sweets (Halwa), spices and braziers (receptacles in which incense or frankincense is burned).

Minchen, they have shown such markets in many movies of bond, MI, series fauda,  then I recall few  very old movies , the English patient, Sahara .

I have always been fascinated by these markets, n wanted to buy stuff like ….embroidered scarf may be

8. Shipbuilders

Being a fantastic ship maker courses through an Omani’s veins. They are well known for building ships which have stood the test of time and bear testimony to their mastery of this skill. Partly surrounded by the sea, Omanis have refined this craft over time and built some of the most significant naval ships which have been lauded for their versatility. Every intricate detail is meticulously looked into with nothing short of utter perfection. 

(And the Shopping spree continues…….)

8. Shopping at souke

The most authentic Omani shopping can be experienced at the traditional souks (souqs) – time-honoured markets that take pride of place in nearly every town across the country. 

Early mornings are the best time to visit the local souk when heated conversations in Arabic whirl through the intricate laneways, tangled in the fragrance of frankincense and sharp spices.

Souks are more than just a place to shop, they are a place to meet up with friends old and new and embrace vibrant culture and customs.

They are also a fantastic place for souvenir shopping. 

Unique gifts to keep an eye out for include trademark Omani silver jewellery and home wares, incense powders and perfumed oils, handcrafted pottery, 

replica or antique khanjars (ceremonial curved daggers) .

But thing along with the scarf m gonna pick would be certainly these beads/semiprecious stones string. So beautiful and  too lovely…..  :-x            ( mine wud be emerald green in middle row , 4th from left)

@ komentator,    Lol……now I agree here , me being a  snail .

Ok guys, count my entry as number 9, pls.

aenoee:

@ komentator,    Lol……now I agree here , me being a  snail .

Ok guys, count my entry as number 9, pls.

yours just longer than mine. Just edit it... :D

10. Harees 

Harees  is another unique Omani dish, which is only cooked on special occasions. Made from wheat and meat, Harees is served with a special sauce made by Omanis across the Emirate. This dish is widely popular in every Omani household. 

1. No Caribbean coastline.

El Salvador is the smallest country in Central America and the only one without a Caribbean coastline.

2. El Salvador Faced A War Due To Soccer Matches

Many countries have faced wars due to political reasons, but very few of them faced casualties because of a soccer match. El Salvador and Honduras competed in a series of three games that was going to decide which team would qualify for the 1970 FIFA World Cup.

El Salvador won the first two games, while Honduras won the last one. On the last day, a conflict occurred in the stadium, leading to a war of four days between the countries. Mass casualties happened due to this incident.

( if anybody is interested to know more about this war, have a look at this link.

https://everything-everywhere.com/the-football-war-el-salvador-vs-honduras/  )

3. Pupusas: Stuffed Corn Tortillas

Pupusas are the National dish of El Salvador. These thick, corn tortillas are stuffed with various fillings, similar to Venezuelan arepas and Mexican gorditas.Pupusas originated in El Salvador and the western part of Honduras, possibly as long as 2,000 years ago.

4 Torogoz

The beautiful Torogoz is the national bird of El Salvador. It is also known as the turquoise-browed motmot, just look at the photo and you will see why. If you look closely you will also see its unusual tail. It is two feathers with no barbs along the middle section. At the end of these feathers are two little tufts.

@ komentator,

This bee eater looks similar to your torogoz, I believe ( might be from closely related family)

5. It Has A Rich Maya Legacy
Many people are not aware that the Mayans were the first to live in El Salvador. You will notice traces of their legacy in different structures in the country. One of the most famous examples of such structures is the Tazumal ruins.

Various dishes in El Salvador are also derived from the traditional cuisine of the Mayans. If you’re interested in the Maya civilization, you should definitely visit El Salvador.

6. Volcano

El Salvador has over twenty volcanoes; two of them, San Miguel and Izalco, have been active in recent years. From the early 19th century to the mid-1950s, Izalco erupted with a regularity that earned it the name "Lighthouse of the Pacific". Its brilliant flares were clearly visible for great distances at sea, and at night its glowing lava turned it into a brilliant luminous cone. The most recent destructive volcanic eruption took place on 1 October 2005, when the Santa Ana Volcano spewed a cloud of ash, hot mud and rocks that fell on nearby villages and caused two deaths. The most severe volcanic eruption in this area occurred in the 5th century AD when the Ilopango volcano erupted with a VEI strength of 6, producing widespread pyroclastic flows and devastating Mayan cities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Salvador